Magic City Smooth Jazz (MCSJ) is pleased to unveil the lineup for the upcoming Jazz in the Park® summer concert series, which marks the entry of the series into its fourth full season. The series runs through August 18, 2013. This year, the series will feature a combination of national and area jazz artists:
- 6/9 RAW Jazz Trio / Chris Standring - Avondale Park
- 6/16 Keith Williams / Cindy Bradley - Avondale Park
- 6/23 P. J. Spraggins / Vann Burchfield / Roman Street - Avondale Park
- 6/30 Clutch / Loyd Watson, Jr. / Tekneek - Avondale Park
- 7/4 Kim Scott / Lao Tizer - Railroad Park
- 7/7 Pedro Moore / Roland Gresham / On Purpose feat. Dwight Houston - Wiggins Park
- 7/14 Fred Spraggins / Tena Wilson / Goodfellas - W. C. Patton Park
- 7/21 Jose Carr / T.A.D. of Jazz / Kenneth Williams - Ensley Park
- 7/28 Soul Collaboration / Left Field / N’Fusion feat. James Crumb, Jr. - East Lake Park
- 8/4 Take 7 / Foxxy Fatts / Julian Vaughn - Linn Park
- 8/11 Neo Jazz Collective / Linn Rountree - Caldwell Park
- 8/18 Rickey Powell / Lasers Edge / KB’s Technique - Beacon Park (Irondale)
Jazz in the Park is made possible by the support of the Alabama State Council on the Arts, which has been with the series from the beginning. Gold sponsors include: City of Birmingham, Alabama Power Foundation, and National Endowment of the Arts. Silver sponsors: AT&T, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, Daniel Foundation, The Riser Fund, The Summit Group, Tom & Phyllis Davis, Regions Bank, and Wells Fargo. In-kind sponsors: Birmingham Coca Cola Bottling Company. Media sponsors: Samford University WVSU-FM 91.1 and Birmingham Times.
Help keep our parks clean by placing all trash in cans. We encourage everyone to bring blankets, seat cushions, coolers, food, small TV trays and votive candles to enjoy the concerts.
Pets: For the convenience and enjoyment of others, no dogs/pets are allowed.
Absolutely no Grills are allowed while attending Jazz in the Park®. Failure to abide by this rule will be enforced by concert organizer and police. With our starting time of 6 p.m., umbrellas should not be needed. However, if you decide to bring one for your comfort, they are only allowed in the up position between acts and must come down while artists are performing.
Parking is located on streets near the venue. Please secure your vehicle as concert organizers and venue are not responsible for stolen property.
All Birmingham City Parks are smoke-free.
Each artist’s CDs will be on sale following their performance. Cash only. Photos with artists are permissible.