Comfort Shawls of Alabama “The goal is to provide a tangible expression of peace, healing, love, comfort and hope.” In July 2011, the Alabama Organ Center organized a program to provide comfort shawls to new organ donor families. It is our hope that this small gift of compassion will bring these families comfort and solace in their time of sorrow and need. We are asking for volunteers across the State of Alabama who knit or crochet to help with this project. Instructions for Comfort Shawls
• Pattern can be simple. Three stitch seed pattern works well. Many patterns can be found at LionBrand.com.
• All color combinations are welcome.
• Size should be approximately 36” by 60” (4 to 5 balls of yarn @ 170 yards each).
• Your completed shawl will have a heart charm and note attached.
• Please include your name, address and phone with the shawl.