The second Birmingham New Music Festival, to be held on October 8-11 of 2015, will also herald the 20th anniversary season of presenting organization Birmingham Art Music Alliance (BAMA). As part of the celebration, six concerts will feature music by Alabama-based composers, and by all of the founding members of BAMA who have since moved to other parts of the country. Additionally, five guest composers were selected through collaboration with New York City new music organizations Vox Novus and Composers’ Concordance (Melissa Grey, Jessica Meyer, David Morneau, Gene Pritsker, and Robert Voisey). Featured performers include Lori Ardovino (clarinet), Adam Bowles (piano), Sarah Nordlund Dennis (violin), Timothy Feeney (percussion), Kathryn Fouse (piano), Alan Goldspiel (guitar), Craig Hultgren (cello), Jacob Mason (piano), Laurie Middaugh (piano), Seth Noble (percussion), Anthony Pattin (piano), Wendy Richman (viola), Christopher Steele (piano), Hillary Tidman (flute), Laura Usiskin (cello), Brian Viliunas (clarinet), and Pei-Ju Wu (violin). All festival events are free and open to the public. The Birmingham New Music Festival is made possible by grants from the Alabama State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
* Thursday, October 8
* 7:30PM @ Samford University, Brock Recital Hall: Music by W. Ronald Clemmons, Robert Patterson, Donnie Ashworth, Monroe Golden, Melissa Grey, Robert Voisey, Lori Ardovino, Kenneth Kuhn, and James A. Jensen. Performances by Adam Bowles, Kathryn Fouse, Craig Hultgren, Seth Noble, and Laurie Middaugh.
* Friday, October 9
* 7:30PM @ The Dance Foundation (1715 27th Ct S, Homewood, AL 35209): Music by Marvin Johnson, Rusty Banks, Andrew Raffo Dewar, Holland Hopson, David Morneau, Charles Norman Mason, LaDonna Smith, and Davey Williams. Performances by Craig Hultgren, Doff Procter, Rita Snyder, Timothy Feeney, and Wendy Richman..
* Saturday, October 10
* 1PM @ Alabama Piano Gallery (1425 Montgomery Hwy #151, Birmingham, AL 35216): Music by William Price, Mark Lackey, Matthew Scott Phillips, and Dorothy Hindman. Performance by Jacob Mason.
* 4PM @ Birmingham Public Library (2100 Park Pl, Birmingham, AL 35203), Richard Arrington Jr. Auditorium: Music by Ron Wray, Michael Coleman, Joseph Landers, Cynthia Miller, Alan Goldspiel, Raphael Crystal, and Brian C. Moon. Performances by Sarah Nordlund Dennis, Pei-Ju Wu, Wendy Richman, Laura Usiskin, and Hillary Tidman.
* 7:30PM @ UAB Hulsey Recital Hall: Music by Rick Nance, Gene Pritsker, Joe L. Alexander, William Price, Mark Lackey, Jessica Meyer, and Dorothy Hindman. Performances by Craig Hultgren, Brian Viliunas. Nathan Howard, Alina Pitman, Will Featherston, and Cody Ford.
* Sunday, October 11
* 3PM @ Birmingham Southern College, Hill Recital Hal: Music by Joel Scott Davis, Christopher Steele, Drew Pendergrass, Ed Robertson, Bryan Page, Matthew Scott Phillips, Aurelia Gooden, and Michael Angell. Performances by Alan Goldspiel, Sarah Nordlund Dennis, Jim Zingara, Adam Bowles, Anthony Pattin, and Laura Usiskin.