1301 County Services Drive, Pelham, AL 35124
Mission Statement -To assist in building a strong economy by nurturing business, addressing business needs and developing a business environment that is attractive and stable.
Vision Statement – The Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce is a business association of economic development champions. As the voice of business for the Greater Shelby County area, the Chamber is a strong advocate for continued development of our community and a partner for prosperity.
By working together and focusing on initiatives that support growth, members use the services of the Chamber as an important catalyst for their business success. Recognized as a leader in one of Alabama’s most forward-thinking business communities, the Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce strives to create a business support system that becomes the benchmark of advocacy for the state of Alabama.
Core Values and Belief – We base our values on the belief that…
* Serving our members´ needs is the primary reason for the existence of the Chamber.
* Volunteers are the key resource through which we accomplish our objectives.
* Trust, open communication, integrity, personal accountability and initiative are critical to our organization’s success.
* The free market economy is the primary means to achieve a prosperous and well-balanced community.
* Governments and publicly funded entities must be accountable, responsible, effective and efficient.
* Business has an obligation to act in an environmentally responsible manner and to support necessary social, cultural, health and educational systems.
Goals – We put our values & beliefs into action by working on…
* Fostering and supporting private enterprise, economic vitality and stability.
* Providing a forum for idea exchange.
* Advocating for business with government.
* Developing and increasing the membership base.
* Financial responsibility.
* Creating a climate conducive to developing individual volunteers through participation and interaction.
* Communicating effectively with members and solicit their opinions and feedback.
* Providing challenging and stimulating employment that is productive and personally rewarding for staff.
* Creating an enthusiastic working partnership between staff and member-volunteers built on trust and mutual respect.
The Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce is located in the County Services Building, Pelham, AL. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. – noon Friday. Call before you visit and we can arrange to have any information request ready for you. On occasion there are events that require the attendance of the entire staff to manage so be sure to give us a call ahead of tim