SafeHouse is a full-service domestic violence and sexual assault center that provides emergency shelter and comprehensive support services to victims. SafeHouse received its 501(c)(3) status in 1989.
The mission of SafeHouse is to empower survivors of domestic and sexual violence through support and advocacy and to educate the community to prevent future abuse.
SafeHouse accomplishes its mission by providing the following:
- Shelter, counseling, case management, community resource referrals, and other services to help clients and their children obtain safe self-sufficiency
- Individual and group counseling on the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault for children and adults as well as parenting support
- An advocacy program to accompany women to court appearances and educate victims in court about the cycle of violence
- Sexual assault and domestic violence advocates on call 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Sexual assault advocates accompany victims to the hospital, assist victims through law enforcement, court systems, and provide counseling
- Education and awareness programs for schools, hospitals, police departments, courts, social services, and other community members