5502 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35212
Purpose: To engage in scientific and artistic research, experimentation, and education. We provide work & meeting spaces for members, a collaborative and supportive community, and other resources for projects related to technology and artistic expression. We develop and support the development of free and open source software and hardware.
Our (modest-but-growing) facilties include:
• Fiber Lab, with sewing and serging machines, weaving equipment and library
• Computer Lab, including 3D printers (operator training required before use)
• Circuits Lab, with workstations, equipment, and parts supply.
• Hack Zone (an electronics pick-a-part)
• Shape Lab, with woodworking, shaping and painting tools. (operator training required before use of all tools beyond hand tools)
• Welding Zone, with welding tools for small projects. (operator training required before use)
• Bio Lab, focused on biologicals
• Meeting space
Red Mountain Makers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations may be tax-deductible.