The Birmingham Business Resource Center was designed to be a “one-stop-shop” to assist entrepreneurs in every stage of development of their business. The founders were comprised of several city officials and business lending organizations with a distinct set of objectives.
- Promoting the civic welfare of Birmingham citizens
- Assisting Birmingham in its economic development efforts
- Promoting and Assisting in the growth of small businesses by providing programs that help with the accessibility of capital
- Helping the community by fostering increased employment opportunities through the expansion of business, industry, and economic development
- Providing a convenient location for those looking for assistance in establishing, growing, or expanding small business enterprises.
The BBRC Strives to Educate Business Owners by Providing the Following:
- One-on-One business counseling
- Workshops on relevant topics including but not limited to developing strategic business plans an understanding how to obtain financing and increasing familiarity with local lenders
- Access to capital and loan pre-qualification
- Access to corporate supplier diversity programs and other market opportunities
- SBA 504 loans
- SBA Community Advantage loans