8104 Parkway Drive SE, Leeds, AL 35094
The Leeds Public Library began about 1923 in two rooms above a building on Ninth Street. As public interest and financial support grew, the city leased the building at the present location on Parkway Drive from Ray Little in 1971. The official name was changed to The Leeds Jane Culbreth Library on April 19, 1998, to honor Jane Culbreth, a champion of city improvement. She was on the Board of Trustees for the Library Development Committee formed in September 1967. Her dream is a larger library for the city. Meanwhile the existing library bears her name as a tribute for her library work, as well as her many other civic accomplishments.