1604 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, AL 35209-3910
A beautiful community park in central Homewood.
Homewood Central Park is located adjacent to the Homewood Community Center. Some of the amenities available in the park are 6 pavilions with picnic tables, two tennis courts, amphitheater, large playground, cement walking trails and play meadow. This is the location of our summer movie series "Friday Night Flicks."
Pavilion Rental Rates:
$75 / Homewood residents – 5hr time period ($10/each additional hour)
$125 / Non-residents – 5hr time period ($20/each additional hour)
Any park area should be a place of personal enjoyment and relaxation in addition to a place of recreation. In order to fulfill the needs of many different people, policies and regulations are set to aid in controlling the use and conduct in the parks to best provide a quality experience for each visitor.
All park areas are covered by an ordinance designed to protect the park atmosphere. In essence, the same laws apply in a park as in any public place or roadway, but several regulations are stressed to cover general park usage.
These rules and regulations are designed to help you enjoy your parks. Parks close at 11:00 p.m. unless a special permit is issued by the Parks and Recreation Board.
1. No alcoholic beverages or smoking
2. Obey speed limits
3. Park in designated areas only
4. Place all litter in trash containers
5. Clean areas used and leave them orderly
6. No firearms permitted
7. Fires may be built only in grills or barbecue pavilions
8. Pavilions may be reserved only by obtaining a permit
9. Soccer, softball, baseball fields may be reserved by Homewood teams only
10. Golfing is not allowed on park property
11. Obey posted closing times