1804 12th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
Rucker Place is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1900 by Civil War General Edmund Winchester Rucker as a wedding gift for his daughter. The family lived in the home for 50 years, raising 5 children until their deaths in the early 1950’s. Rucker Place then became a Doctor’s office until Jack and Gail Thompson purchased the house in the Fall of 2002 and did a complete renovation, opening for our first event in the Spring of 2003.