Located at 26th Street South and Highland Avenue adjacent to the Virginia Samford Theatre, the park was named for Dr. Henry Martyn Caldwell, 1836-1895, one of the earliest founding fathers of the city, and president of the Elyton Land Company, which developed early Birmingham, from 1875-1895.
He gave Highland Avenue its name and was responsible for its development. He was also responsible for the development of Lakeview Park, which is now known as Highland Golf Course.
It is the site of many
26th Street South and Highland Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35205
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
© 2019 - Create Birmingham. All Rights Reserved.