Site of the Magic City Blues Society Phelan Park Music Series.
Phelan Park was established in 1907 and named after the Phelans, a prominent Birmingham family. The park was built up as part of a Works Progress Administration project in the late 1930s. The WPA was a New Deal program designed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to give work to needy Americans and pull the United States out of the Great Depression. The exterior rock walls around Phelan Park were constructed then and remain standing
14th Avenue and 15th Street S, Birmingham, AL 35205
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
© 2020 - Create Birmingham. All Rights Reserved.