Please Note: This event has expired.
Woodturners Meetup - New, Experienced, and Just Interested
A gathering of people interested in or curious about woodturning (making bowls, pens, vases, and other objects from wood).
Have you ever seen a beautiful wooden bowl or vase and thought to yourself “I wish I could make something like that!”? You can – but you have to make that first attempt! Woodturning is a skill you can learn in a day and spend a lifetime mastering.
Come join us as Red Mountain Makers celebrates the addition of our third wood lathe by hosting a gathering of woodturners of all experience levels. Bring examples of your work for an Instant Gallery – even problem pieces where you want feedback. JustView more
Red Mountain Makers is in historic Woodrow Hall just a half-mile south of I-20 on 1st Avenue North (3 miles east of downtown). Enter from the front – the side door is for the event spaces on the second and third floor.
5502 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL
A former doctor’s office, the space features workshops with tools suitable for small to medium-sized projects and small meeting space. Need a space for a workshop or teaching event? All facilities accessible with a supporting membership.
- Circuits Lab with three work stations, a workbench and a hack zone (computer pick-a-part) for soldering, electronics, and computer repair.
- Computer Lab with workstations, servers and 3D printers.
- Shape Lab with laser cutter, woodworking tools, hand tools and finishing supplies.
- Welding workspace for small projects.
- Bio Lab for working with biologicals.
Meeting room has display screen; wifi available throughout the space.