Construction began on the Bama Theatre in 1937 and was completed the following year through funds provided by the Public Works Administration (PWA) program, the New Deal agency responsible for constructing many Depression-era civic projects such as post offices, courthouses, and schools.
Designed by architect David O. Whilldin of Birmingham , the Theatre served as the community’s grand movie house, as well as the only air-conditioned building at that time. One of the last movie palaces built
600 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
© 2018 - Create Birmingham. All Rights Reserved.