The formation of a free public library was first organized in December 1905 by a group of women who secured the donation of the site from the Bessemer Coal and Land Company. They then lobbied for assistance from the city in seeking a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. It was established by a resolution of the Bessemer City Council as Bessemer Carnegie Library and opened its doors in September 1907 at 321 North 18th Street, a small brick structure at the corner of 18th Street and 4th
400 North 19th Street, Bessemer, Alabama 35020
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Feb 15, 2018
© 2019 - Create Birmingham. All Rights Reserved.