Seibert Stadium has been home to Samford’s football team since 1958. Over the years, Seibert has seen some memorable football, including the Bobby Bowden era (1959-62), a one-loss season in 1971 and the Terry Bowden era, which ended with a 14-game Bulldog winning streak in the stadium.
In the fall of 2005, the playing surface, which had always been natural grass, was replaced by a new LSR Blade Synthetic Surface. The artificial turf also includes an extensive drainage system.
The stadium is named for the late F. Page Seibert, a Daytona Beach, Fla., businessman, who donated the money for the completion of the stadium in 1961 with the addition of the stands of the west side. The largest crowd in Seibert Stadium history was in 1994 against Steve McNair and Alcorn State when 11,189 fans showed up. The stadium holds 6,700 people.
800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE